Website

Please check out my website:

www.jdmstudios.com

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Here's a Great Cause...

What makes you feel good as an artist?  I love beauty and light, and I love to create.  I love to capture that beauty and share it.  When an artist creates a painting, they are creating a labor of love.  There is an energy and passion that goes into each and every painting.  Thoughts, feelings and emotions all come through in their creation, even those that are unintended.

I am able to share this creation with others.  And whether they simply give it a quick glance or take in every drop of paint, they are taking in that energy  and passion that went into creating that piece of art.


This week I am creating paintings that will be donated to the Canadian Mental Health Association Halifax-Dartmouth branch.  They have an amazing fundraiser coming up and I really want to share this with everyone.

A good friend recently asked me if I'd be interested in participating in this art event.  She is a volunteer and a great supporter of the Canadian Mental Health Association Halifax-Dartmouth Branch.

This association is inviting all artists to participate int the 13th annual Mosaic for Mental Health.  The exhibition consists of 6"x6" individual works of art.  The Annual Mosiac for Mental Health has become a powerful expression of artists who care about mental health and mental illness.

Here is their website if you'd like to have a look:  www.cmhahaldart.ca


CMHA promotes the mental health of all and supports the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness.  Proceeds from the Mosaic for Mental Health support the Social Programs of CMHA HalifaxDartmouth Branch:  Among Friends Social Club, Sharing and Caring Social Club and Building Bridges.


All media are welcome, whether it be painting, ceramics, drawing, textiles, photography, collage, prints, 3-D.   All work for the event (with the exception of ceramic, sculpture or textiles) is to be on or attached to 6"x6" tiles, which are available from CMHA Halifax-Dartmouth Branch.

If you live in the Halifax-Dartmouth area, the tiles can be picked up at the CMHA branch.  My tiles were mailed to me, however in future, they are suggesting that artists create their works on 6 x 6 inch watercolor paper, and the artwork would be mounted to the tiles after they are received.  In this way, costs on shipping are saved as they do have a bit of weight to them and we all know that shipping costs can get pricey.  If, however your medium of choice doesn't work well on watercolor paper, they will be happy to send some tiles to you.

To have your work included in the Mosaic Poster, artwork must be submitted by Wednesday, September 21.

The exhibition will begin on Thursday, Oct 13, 2011 from 7-9 pm until Sunday Oct 30th at the Craig Gallery, Alderney Landing in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.


Final submission deadline is Monday Oct 3.

All submissions will be for sale at $25.00 each, which is an incredible price for artwork.

Further info 902-455-5445 or email cmhahal@ns.aliantzinc.ca  

My tiles are all gessoed and they are almost ready to go.  What I create on them will be a surprise...will it be an abstract?  A crow?  A light filled still life?  What would you like to see?

7 comments:

  1. Excellent Jo-Ann ;o) I don't know if I can do it, but I might try! Take Care ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be awesome if you did, Stacy, such a great cause :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful event. Your artwork is beautiful and I did take in the energy ♥ Thanks for the well wishes for my Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous cause and you have a heart of gold. :) Gorgeous artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your artwork and the 6x6 tile project sounds like such a worthy cause. Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Geri, NatashaMay and Katherine! I appreciate the comments and compliments :-)...I hope to have pics up soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by jdmstudios...I love getting comments ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...